REVIEW BY MERISSA - The Bad Mother by Amanda Brooke

The Bad Mother - Amanda Brooke

It's hard... when you read a book that takes you in so completely. That takes you back to a time in your life you needed therapy to get past. That is so realistic you can remember similar instances happening in your own life as you follow what is happening to the character between the pages.

That book for me was The Bad Mother by Amanda Brooke. It has to be one of the hardest books I've ever read, and yet I'm glad I've done it. I'm also very glad I've finished it, and I'm sorry to say, it's not a book I will ever read again. It hit a bit too close to home for comfort. It has drained me, made me see things again I had wanted to forget.

Luckily for the main character, she has family and friends who are determined she won't go it alone, even when she doesn't believe them. You are with Lucy as she goes through her pregnancy and becomes more isolated. The author does an amazing job of keeping the reader off-balance, unsure of just what is going on or what will happen next. It will keep you on tenterhooks, needing to read more, to find out what happens next.

The Bad Mother is incredibly written, with no editing or grammatical errors that I noticed. Although, to be fair, I was that engrossed by the story, I wasn't actually looking for any either. The scenes flow from one to the next, and each scene will draw you in and keep your attention. For anyone who wants to know about gaslighting, and the effects it can have not only on the victim but on friends and family too, I would highly recommend this book.

Part of me wishes I couldn't give it 5 stars, simply because of what it reminded me of. However, that would be a disservice to the book and the author.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

@AmandaBrookeAB, @fictionpubteam, #Psychological, #Thriller, 5 out of 5 (exceptional)

Source: http://sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/thebadmotherbyamandabrooke