REVIEW TOUR - Living On Air by Susan Mac Nicol

Living on Air - Susan Mac Nicol
Living on Air is a beautiful yet dark story. It tells of Cary, who went through something so horrific it still affects him to this day. And then we have Rhys, who has lived in war zones and seen the darker side of life for himself. When these two meet, there is an implosion that will affect both of their lives.
This was my first book by Susan Mac Nicol, and it definitely won't be my last. The story was woven with intricate details - enough so you can feel sympathy for the characters, or live vicariously through their triumphs - but without going into too much detail that it becomes gratuitous.
I will say that Rhys deserves a medal for putting up with Cary's moods, but I can also see why he would. The attraction is there, that pull you can't ignore, even if you want to. Rhys and Cary do make an excellent couple, but you are kept on tenterhooks.
The story flows exceedingly well, and the scenes transition from one to the next without disruption. There were no editing or grammatical errors that disrupted my reading flow, and the characters were all vivid enough to jump out of the pages.
I will say one thing - Cary may not be the crying type, but I certainly am. I had to re-read the last few chapters as the words kept blurring in front of me!
Absolutely recommended.
* A copy of this book was provided to me with no requirements for a review. I voluntarily read this book, and the comments here are my honest opinion. *
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!