Surfacing Secrets (Elemental Evidence #3) by Bellora Quinn & Sadie Rose Bermingham

Surfacing Secrets (Elemental Evidence #3) - Bellora Quinn, Sadie Rose Bermingham
Surfacing Secrets is the third book in the Elemental Evidence series, and I looked forward to reuniting with Jake and Mari to see how things have moved on for them. Mari is surfing online to try and find an answer to his 'problem'. Instead, he finds a video of someone being murdered. He shows it to Jake, who passes it on to the police, but it looks like Mari is finding it hard to stop connecting online.  It is becoming an addiction, one he denies having.

I thoroughly enjoy these books! It isn't just romance, there is plenty here for everyone to enjoy. I do have to say though that Mari once again pings on my radar for acting like a jerk. The addiction part I tried to ignore, as he couldn't exactly control what he was saying or thinking at the time. But he does insist on knocking Jake down all the time, even in his thoughts. Poor Jake! I love his character, and although I can see the love he has for Mari, I just want it reciprocated. I am longing for the book where Mari doesn't act like an ass and becomes the man Jake deserves.

A story with a dark twist, told amazingly well by these two authors. With no editing or grammatical errors to disrupt my reading flow, it was simply Mari who jolted me. The flow was smooth, and the pacing perfect. I love the interaction between all of the characters, yes - even Mari and Jake. Absolutely recommended for those who love a bit of mystery mixed in with their paranormal.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

Source: http://sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/surfacingsecretselementalevidence3bybelloraquinnsadierosebermingham