Outliers (The Outliers #1) by Kate L. Mary

Outliers (The Outliers #1) - Kate L. Mary
Outliers is the first in a new dystopian series, where society is split into three separate groups with self-explanatory names. Indra works in the city, for one of the Sovereigns. She is quiet and does her work, trying to blend in as much as possible. To get home, she needs to walk the gauntlet through the Fortis village, before eventually reaching her own Outliers village. There is a love interest in her village called Bodhi, and a Fortis guard who you are not sure of, called Asa. These three, plus other characters, drive the book towards the unknown, the horrible, the shameful, and the hopeful.

This world is so well built and structured, everything fits perfectly. Outliers definitely have the shortest straw, and yet I want to learn more about the Fortis too. Asa is such a good representative of them, although there are some bad ones too! I was a bit worried this may turn into a love triangle, but instead, it was eloquently written in such a way that I never felt any of the usual exasperation where triangles are concerned. With a rich and in-depth storyline, this world did not want to let go, and I am highly anticipating the next release. I could talk about the story some more, but I know I wouldn't do it any justice.

An excellent dystopian story, full of detail, and wonderful characters. Absolutely recommended by me.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

Source: http://sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/outlierstheoutliers1bykatelmary