A Reflection of Ice by Katherine McIntyre

A Reflection of Ice - Katherine McIntyre
A Reflection of Ice is a contemporary, urban, fairy-tale suited more to the Brothers Grimm than Disney! Lyra is a young girl at school, struggling with issues in her home life. When she arrives home earlier than expected one day, she sees something she shouldn't and ends up fleeing. During her escape, she finds somewhere new and shiny (literally). Exhausted from her escape, she is rescued and taken into the home. Once she awakens, she finds out she is in between. She has a choice to make - stay in the castle that has sheltered her and kept her safe? Or return to her broken family life and home in the 'real' world?

This is a gripping, enthralling read that would seamlessly fit with stories of old; where fairy-tales were meant as warnings, not as glitter covered cupcakes. The descriptions in this story give the whole thing a feeling of foreboding, an eeriness guaranteed to seep into your veins as you read. There were no editing or grammatical errors that disrupted my reading flow, and I read this book in one sitting as I did not want to put it down. An amazing story from a brilliant author. This is another jewel in the crown of Katherine McIntyre. Absolutely recommended by me.

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!
Source: http://sites.google.com/site/archaeolibrarian/merissa-reviews/areflectionoficebykatherinemcintyre