REVIEW BY MERISSA - Dark Horse (Aspen Falls #3) by Melissa Pearl & Anna Cruise

Dark Horse (Aspen Falls #3) - Anna Cruise, Melissa Pearl

Dark Horse is the third book in the Aspen Falls series, and I have been waiting for this story from book one. Nate is a driven detective, you could say hard core, and Sally is his long-suffering and seemingly ever-patient girlfriend. But the thing is, people will only be long-suffering and ever-patient for so long, and I couldn't wait to see how this would pan out.

I wasn't disappointed.

Nate is an arse, pure and simple. He doesn't get on with Sally's family (and yes, they may be just slightly judgemental and over-bearing). He doesn't see the reason they don't like him though - because he never puts Sally first. It will take losing Sally and realising just exactly what she means to him, before Nate has a snowball's chance in hell of changing his ways.

I loved how this story progressed. There wasn't much from previous characters in this one, apart from Blaine telling him a few uncomfortable home truths. I don't think it needed it though. There was enough story going on with the historical murder, and what was happening now between Nate, Sally, and Oscar.

There were no editing or grammatical errors that disrupted my reading flow, and I adored the character development both Nate and Sally went through as they came to their own realisations.

This is a great series that I am thoroughly enjoying. Can't wait for the next one.

Merissa

Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

Source: http://archaeolibrarian.wixsite.com/website/single-post/2018/05/10/Dark-Horse-Aspen-Falls-3-by-Melissa-Pearl-Anna-Cruise