REVIEW BY MERISSA - To Discover a Divine (Rise of the Stria #1) by Tessa McFionn

To Discover a Divine (Rise of the Stria #1) - Tessa McFionn

To Discover a Divine is the first book in the Rise of the Stria series, and we start this series with a bang. Evainne has ended up on a prison barge in the middle of outer space when all she did was walk out of her front door. She is rescued by an 'alien' who helps her as much as he can. Evainne is different to the females Khalym knows, as she is blunt to the point of being tactless. However, the sparks are there between the two of them. Now if they can only figure out just what Evainne was wanted for, and how they keep being found, it should all be good.

This is a fast-paced science fiction romance, with plenty of action and adventure too. Evainne handles all the information remarkably well, but it is written in a way that explains that, rather than just trying to sweep it under the carpet. Khalym is a hero who thinks he is broken as he has been rejected for most of his life. Together, I can see these two having an amazing time, and it has definitely given me a taste for more in this series.

With no editing or grammatical errors to disrupt my reading flow, this story kept me engrossed from beginning to end. It does have a HFN ending, with a sort of cliffhanger, but all that has done is leave me wanting MORE right NOW! Absolutely recommended.

Merissa

Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

Source: http://archaeolibrarian.wixsite.com/website/single-post/2018/06/06/To-Discover-a-Divine-Rise-of-the-Stria-1-by-Tessa-McFionn