Dangerously Dark (The Dreamcaster Series #3) by C.J. Burright

Dangerously Dark (The Dreamcaster Series #3) - C.J. Burright

Dangerously Dark is the third book in The Dreamcaster series, and I would recommend you read the first two books prior to this one. Although we don't hear from the 'older' characters until the latter part of the book, you will still need to have some idea about the V'alkara to gain the most enjoyment from it.

So, that being said, let's start. We have Zaire, who popped up in Ella and Dax's book. We found out he was 'helping' the Red Crows but only because he had to. In this book, we learn more about Zaire's history, and why he feels unworthy of love, indeed, he fears it. As for Quinn, we don't find out much about her past as a 'normal' person, but as a Dreamcaster, she rocks! She is tough, having fought her way through too many demons to count. She takes her knocks and rolls with them. She sets her sights on Zaire (through their connected past), and won't let him go. Just what the stubborn-ass V'alkara needs.

For me, this was the best of the bunch so far. I don't know if it's because I know their world now, The Faction, the Red Crows, the V'alkara, or maybe it was just Zaire and Quinn. Whatever the reason, I was completely committed to this book from the very beginning.

Full of action, and yet with a smooth and flowing pace, this book is full of brilliant characters and situations. Our tortured hero is dark enough to be fully rounded, whilst our sassy heroine sparks off him and keeps things interesting. With no editing or grammatical errors that disrupted my reading flow, I thoroughly enjoyed their story. I am really hoping Mel and Izzy get a story, and it won't be too long in coming! Absolutely recommended by me.

Merissa

Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

Source: http://archaeolibrarian.wixsite.com/website/single-post/2018/04/18/The-Dreamcaster-Series-1-3-by-CJ-Burright