Defenseless (Somerton Security #1) by Elizabeth Dyer

Defenseless - Elizabeth Dyer

Defenceless is the first book in the Somerton Security series, and we meet the guys and girls of that for the first time. Georgia is an ex-marine, hanging onto her job by her fingernails. She is not your 'typical' woman, and can't be doing with frou-frou, which doesn't help with the socialite crowd. When her boss, Ethan, offers her a job, she knows it's last chance saloon. What she didn't know was how Parker, super geek supreme, would affect her.

This was a great book to start the series with - it has pretty much everything you could want, plus a nice role reversal of male geek and female marine. There is action and suspense, along with a healthy dose of anticipation and sorrow. I think the only thing that stopped this being a 5-star review from me is Georgia herself. She is fantastic at supporting Parker and boosting his confidence, but her own is so low. This may sound harsh, but I got a little bit fed up of 'poor Georgia' and wanted her to kick ass like she had done so many times before.

With a great storyline, no editing or grammatical errors to be noticed, plus a smooth and flowing pace, this book was thoroughly enjoyable, and definitely recommended by me.

Merissa

Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

Source: http://archaeolibrarian.wixsite.com/website/single-post/2018/05/07/Somerton-Security-1-2-by-Elizabeth-Dyer