The Legacy of Souls (Seb Thomas #2) by M.S.C. Barnes

The Legacy of Souls (Seb Thomas #2) - M.S.C. Barnes

The Legacy of Souls is the second book in the Seb Thomas series, and we start off with Seb struggling with his 'job' as Custodian. He doesn't appear to be able to get to grips with what it is he is supposed to be doing, instead he focuses on the bad things he sees. That takes a back seat though when his life is threatened, and those of his friends.

This book is AMAZING! Be prepared for a fast-paced and bumpy ride as Seb tries to figure out just what is going, with only limited information. He acts his age, which is perfect for the story. He isn't this all-round amazing hero with sky-high self confidence. Nope, he's a normal boy with his first love, and overwhelming doubt about his own abilities. And that, my friends, is what makes this such a good read! Be prepared to laugh aloud, and possibly even shed a tear or two (or more in my case) as you get sucked into the story.

I will say here that I got a bit confused at times with the names of the different characters, and what their roles were - the Custodians were easy, but the others got me sometimes. It's not like they walk around with stickers on their foreheads saying what their role is. Seb's group I had no problem with, and I knew most of Aelfric's, but once we got to Henri's and Nicole's, I stopped trying to remember what they did and just concentrated on enjoying the story.

There were no editing or grammatical errors that disrupted from my reading, and I was thoroughly engrossed from the start to end. Although this book ties up the story, I am really hoping there is more to come. I love this group, this world, and would love to read more. Absolutely and utterly recommended by me.

Merissa

Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

Source: http://archaeolibrarian.wixsite.com/website/single-post/2018/04/29/The-Legacy-of-Souls-Seb-Thomas-2-by-MSC-Barnes