REVIEW BY MERISSA - The Guardian #1-#2, by Rayanne Haines

Magic Born (The Guardian #2) - Rayanne Haines

Magic Born is the second book in The Guardian series, and it does follow on from the first, so you do need to read this in order. We met both Neeren and Mar in the first book. Neeren is Alex's brother whilst Maria is her BFF, and a kick ass witch too.

In book one it became obvious that these two would end up together, although they would both fight it too. And they do, although it changes very quickly. Now, you may consider the circumstances extenuating and say that there was simply no place for games. For me though, it just felt a bit fast, all or nothing!

The pace is fast in this book, and it is excellently written. There are plenty of twists and turns to keep your attention, plus lots of steamy action. If I was being really picky I would say that I wish we had had more of the 'big bad' before we found out who it was. There wasn't really much of a shock involved, simply because a) we didn't really know the character, and b) it made sense!

This was a great continuation of this series, and I am really looking forward to Quinn's book. I really want to see if Lochan has forgiven her for how she left him in book one.

Merissa

Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

@inkrayanne, @XpressoReads, #Paranormal, #Romance, 4 out of 5 (very good)

Source: http://archaeolibrarian.wixsite.com/website/single-post/2018/07/06/The-Guardian-1-2-by-Rayanne-Haines