Dire Straits (Aspen Falls #4) by Melissa Pearl & Anna Cruise

Dire Straits (Aspen Falls #4) - Anna Cruise, Melissa Pearl

Dire Straits is the fourth book in the Aspen Falls series, and we get to know Jessica and Jarrett a bit better. Both of them are unhappy in their current jobs/situation, but neither of them feel able to make a change. Just before Jessica has a week's vacation, a dead body is found. This leads to questions being asked by Jarrett and Jess, both professionally and personally.

The romance side of this was a slow burn, and going behind closed doors when necessary. The mystery side kept me guessing all the way through, although I had my own suspects.

There were no editing or grammatical errors that disrupted my reading flow, and I thoroughly enjoyed this story. It is always a pleasure to catch up with old characters, and I loved the cameos we got.

This is a great series that I am thoroughly enjoying. Can't wait for the next one.

Merissa

Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

Source: http://archaeolibrarian.wixsite.com/website/single-post/2018/07/18/Dire-Straits-Aspen-Falls-4-by-Melissa-Pearl-Anna-Cruise