REVIEW BY MERISSA - Chasing Butterflies (Bad Girls #1) by Jennifer Labelle

Chasing Butterflies (Bad Girls #1) - Jennifer Labelle

Chasing Butterflies is the first novella in the Bad Girls series. In it, we meet Sawyer. She left her home town with her big sister and never looked back. Now, due to the death of her sister, she returns there, needing a fresh start. Her first night in town, and she bumps into the one memory she was hoping to avoid.

This is a very fast-paced novella, although it is an easy read. Unfortunately for me, I didn't really connect with Carley before she died, so the impact on Sawyer was pretty much lost. And while I understood Sawyer's reasons for selling her parents' home, actually moving back there to work didn't make a lot of sense. Not exactly a fresh start.

Still, this was written very well, with love a foregone conclusion so the declarations that came thick and fast actually didn't seem that premature. For a quick coffee break book, then I would recommend this.

* A copy of this book was provided to me with no requirements for a review. I voluntarily read this book, and the comments here are my honest opinion. *

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

Source: http://archaeolibrarian.wixsite.com/website/single-post/2018/12/17/Chasing-Butterflies-Bad-Girls-1-by-Jennifer-Labelle