REVIEW BY MERISSA - The First Secret (Hidden Portals Trilogy #2) by Maya Daniels

The First Secret (Hidden Portals Trilogy #2) - Maya Daniels

@mayadaniels11, #Paranormal, #Romance, #Urban, #Fantasy, 5 out of 5 (exceptional)

The First Secret is the second book in the Hidden Portals Trilogy, and there is no second-book-slump with this little beauty.

This is Fern and Iris' story, and we are able to catch up with Raphael and Artemis too. I love Iris, and have done from book one. She is sassy, has an attitude, and isn't afraid to stand up for herself against 'others'. Fern fights his attraction to Iris, fearing her to be the same as Lazarus. It takes a while, and some 'advice' from others, plus a near death experience before he realises he is an ass. And don't we all love it when that happens?!

Once again, this story is complete by itself, but it does lead you nicely to the next book. As with all Maya Daniels books, there were no editing or grammatical errors that disrupted my reading. I love her world-building, and the characters are just amazing. I am loving this series, and have no hesitation in recommending both the book and the series.

* A copy of this book was provided to me with no requirements for a review. I voluntarily read this book, and the comments here are my honest opinion. *

Merissa
Archaeolibrarian - I Dig Good Books!

Source: http://archaeolibrarian.wixsite.com/website/single-post/2019/05/24/The-First-Secret-Hidden-Portals-Trilogy-2-by-Maya-Daniels